I was nominated for the Cramm Award by my friend, Beyoutiful! Thank you so much! Do check out her blog! It’s nothing short of amazing.
This award is created by TheCramm (created by Liv)
The Rules for this Award are:
- Include that little titbit about who created this award
- Mention the person who nominated you
- Share three things that motivate you to blog
- Share three people who inspire you to blog
- Share one thing you hope to do to improve the world
- Answer your challenge question
- Nominate other bloggers and give them a fun challenge question
3 things that motivate me to blog:
- An outlet for my thoughts. I think so much, and at times, I can’t just walk up to someone and start talking. Blogging gives me the chance to write my mind out ( you know, how people say, ‘speak my mind out’. Get it? Haha! 😂 ).
- To share my experiences or thoughts with others on growing up. Growing up is not easy, and there is no formulae to it. I like writing down my experiences or thoughts, because, hopefully, one day ( even if not today), someone might read my blog, and have a better understanding / gain something small. I recently sent two of my aunts the link to my blogs and said to them, ” Please check out my blog, and when my smaller cousins are old enough, let them read it! Hopefully, it will help them.” Such is why I blog. I know that eventually I will grow up (and then, my blog will not be about growing up anymore 😅, but, rather, just my thoughts on life and such), but right now, it is a big part of my blog. I just want to create a platform that allows people to relate a bit, or see things from my perspective.
- TO INSPIRE! 👏 This is probably the greatest. When I started this blog, I thought that I’d just be writing about how my day was, or what happened over the weekend; but I never write about that. I found myself inclined to inspiration. Funny thing is, even as I write the inspirational posts, I inspire myself too. I try to inspire in four ways as follows: I think life is tough, and sometimes, we need a little push to remind us to toughen up as well, and go after what we want, or a reminder to keep trying. That little push or reminder is what I hope to give to even just one person who reads my blog. I also want people to realize the essence of being themselves in a society that implies otherwise. That is why I finish all my posts with a picture quoting, ” Be You!” Other times, I do funny posts as well because we need to understand that, in life, it’s never that serious! Finally, to help people understand that, if you are going to do anything in this world, YOU NEED GOD!!
3 people who inspire me to blog:
- GOD. 🙏My biggest inspiration is from God. Before I do a post, I strive to ensure that it is okay with God, and doesn’t contradict my faith in Him. I try to make sure that my posts come from within; not just from the inner me, but from a part of my spiritual being as well, however small.
- My family (mum, dad and big sister)❤! Well, sometimes I have to literally bring my laptop to my parents and ask them to read my posts, but they’ve been very supportive. Also, they’ve supported me in my passion for basketball, which is important, because it has given me the opportunity to write inspirational blog posts from the perspective of chasing after your dreams. I can write from what I experience.
- My friends💕. Those outside wordpress who take the time to visit my blog and read even one or two posts (the ones who may have even learnt that I have a blog just last week, or even today, but as soon as they do, they ask me for the link to it, and go through it), and those on wordpress who are constantly giving me positive feedback on my posts; whether it is as small as a like, as big as a genuine comment, or as huge as a reblog.
1 thing you would do to improve the world
Like I always say, I believe that if everyone knew of and worked towards the millennium development goals (even though their time is up!), we would be in a much better place right now.
Beyoutiful’s question for me:
Challenge question: What are your goals and ambitions in life? Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
Haha! Well, this is a good question. First, I want my faith to stay strong and not be swayed by whatever worldly pleasures / desires, storms or doubts I might encounter in future🙏. I also want my blog to grow, and not exactly in terms of followers, but in terms of the number of people I inspire☺. There’s is a part of me that is desires to make a positive difference in the world, especially on the issues highlighted in the MDGs, and on the issue of poaching, which I consider very wrong. I want to quench the thirst of this part of me by trying to make the world a better place, not just by words, but by action 👷. I also want to be a good person to everyone; and in a special way, to my friends and family; Mother Teresa said that, if you want to change the world, go home and love your family. So, I hope to be a good person, doing right to and by those around me. I want to be able to help those in need ( be they people I know or not) without holding back.
In terms of where I see myself ten years from now, I hope to have successfully finished my studies, and to be in a financially stable 💰 (or very good 😄) position in my life. I also hope that I will have grown in basketball 🏀, and that it will be taking my team mates and I places. I hope to be making a positive impact in the world, however small, and to also be active in projects that aim to help people in need. This may sound crazy, but I also hope to have started or to be in the process of starting an animal shelter for stray cats 🐱 and dogs 🐶. Lastly, I hope and pray that I will be married to the right person chosen by God for me 😍❤ ( ey relax! I will be 29!!😂). I hope that we will be in a good / happy place in all ways, that we will have embraced a little wanderlust (traveling) 🌍, and that we will be considering to start a family.
That’s it! Have a lovely time, and don’t forget to 👇;
Keep safe! :)💞